The Original Fallen

“I wonder what sort of tale we’ve fallen into?” – J.R.R. Tolkien Lord of the Rings

I have just finished reading the book by John Eldredge called Epic. The main premise of the book is that we are part of a story. A story that had already begun before we entered it. God started the story out of his love for us. He created the story with us in mind as the heroes.

Now we’ve not been real heroes for most of our part in this story. We’ve either walked away, harden our hearts, or have just been neglecting what we have to do.

But what love our Father has for us that he continues to call us. It’s not loud; it’s a soft whisper. A whisper that continues even after we realize we need him. He never gives up on use and always is guiding us. It is then and here that we become the hero of the story God has always known us to be. This is where the journey and real fight begin.

Now, you are all probably wondering where the title of this blog comes into play. I am getting there. I needed to explain some of the background before it all made any sense.

We know that every great story, the ones that keep us reading till the end involve a hero and a villain. That struggle between good and evil is what we look for in a story. And our story is no different; we have a villain. He is the worst of the worse; he is much more powerful, diabolical, and real than anything we have ever encountered.

I think that we tend to forget this which is why I felt the need to write about this villain; his name is Lucifer. I can’t do justice to how Eldredge describes his fall, so here it is:

There in the palaces of heaven, in the very courtyards of happiness and glory unstained, Lucifer turned on his Maker. Through treachery and deceit, he drew to his side one-third of the angels, and they rose up in arms against their sovereign Lord. And there was war in heaven.”

Lucifer was an angel. He was no weak being. I mean he was able to convince one-third of the angels to side with him. He has brains and knows how to get what he wants. He stood before his Maker and let pride take over his heart. He turned on God, his Creator because he wanted more power. He is worse than all the Stalin’s and Hitler’s you can think of. Just because we can’t see him, DOESN’T MEAN he isn’t real and alive! Lucifer was like I said one of God’s angels. I just want to make sure that you are getting that. He doesn’t walk around in red tights carrying a pitchfork. He probably is handsome, I mean angels are these majestic beings, and he was one. That is the worst kind of villain the one that blends right in. We have just tipped the iceberg at what he is capable of – the Holocaust, child prostitution, terrorist bombing, genocidal governments, not to mention what he did to Job. He is able to do so much yet we just shrug it off like it is nothing. When are we going to start to realize that this is real evil and he is really someone to take seriously?

Not going to lie, it scared me after reading this book. 1. I couldn’t believe I took it so lightly. 2. The realization that he was an angel therefore his good-looking and dangerous.

BUT! God and his angels are more powerful. The bible back this up; I am not going to give you verse because it benefits you to look it up. I will give you Ezekiel 28:16 to start your search. This verse is more of the start of the fall. For the powerful showdown between him in God, you can look in Revelation.

Trust me when I say that God wins because we have a powerful Father. God pretty much will bow Lucifer out of the water and send him into the depths of hell forever. Yup forever, but that doesn’t mean that we should just forget about him. He is real; he is powerful, and he is going to do everything in his power to turn us from our heavenly Father.

But to think that God trusts us and believes that we are capable of handling this monster. My God is writing a story and I am an important part of that story as are all of you. Let’s be bold; let’s be courageous; let’s be Christ to the nations. And put Lucifer in his place for all eternity.
-          Ali

Comments

  1. Ali, this is so great. You're such a great writer. I always knew you had this kinda stuff in you, but never saw it before I read this. I can tell that you're going to do amazing things for God, and this is such a great piece of writing and I'm so glad I brought myself to reading it. Keep on writing like this and going after what God has for you, it's awesome, and so are you.
    -Benji

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts