Realization

So, with my upcoming decision to move back to Florida reaching its final stages. I began to get stressed about my lack of a job and am I doing the right thing is this what God wants for me? It’s then that my devotions brought me to a realization: God is with me.

For the last couple of days my devotions have been really hitting a reoccurring theme. I first what met with the devo “Look from the Place Where You Are.” I have to look where I am at right now. I have to forget the mistakes of the past and look at where I am and what skills I now possess. I can’t lose sight of the dream that I have because of the past. I feel that like God did with Abram (Genesis 13:14), He likes to remind us to get up and get back on that dream of ours. Why? Because it is also His dream for us. I believe the dreams that we have are from God. Think about it; He has so much faith in us that He gives us this dream. If He has faith in me, I can’t give up.

The next day I was greeted with, “God Will Direct Your Journey.” It means to obey Him, to follow His lead, and to do what He says. I know so simple, but yet we as humans struggle with this all the time. I know that I do. There is this disconnect, I believe, because God isn’t this person that stands in front of us. We know that he is there, we believe in Him, and pray to Him; but we sometimes get ahead of God. We think that we know the best direction to take or become so impatient that we just skip steps. And, obviously, that doesn’t end up working out very well for us. I find peace though in know that God is still there; waiting for me to realize it, so that He can take the lead again (Psalm 37:23). I have to remember that God has my journey perfectly planned out for me.

After these two devos back to back, it’s like the light was beginning to turn on. It wasn’t tell this morning that things finally came into full view.

Today I read “Making the Most of Your Time.” Time. Yes, time. It is a blessing and a curse. It moves so fast sometimes, and then crawls the other half of the time. Some often I have felt recently that I am running out of time with my loans slowly coming due. Then in the very first sentence of this devotion, I broke down. “Time is a GIFT from God” (emphasis mine). It’s a gift. This may be hard to hear, but we don’t have to be here. God could take our life tomorrow if that is part of his plan. It’s then that I realized that God has a reason for the silence. He takes His time to make us what He wants us to be. That statement for some reason just reassured me. He is making me into what He wants. I need to stop struggling with Him because I am only wasting my time when I do. God loves us and has our best interest at heart in everything that He does. He has given me this gift of another day. If he didn’t care about me, I wouldn’t be being molded into this person for some reason. I don’t know the reason but He most certainly does.

All of this made me realize that if God didn’t want me to move or didn’t like the direction I was taking, something wouldn’t work out. The path would be difficult or something wouldn’t feel right. God has a way of softly nudging us to try and tell us what he wants for us. I know I talk about a lack of a job a lot; it’s just what I am struggling with. And it’s time that I stop struggling and trust God’s timing. He isn't going to leave me to fend for myself; that is not the God that I serve. My God is always watching, He's waiting for the right time to show me His plan. It's time I open my eyes and just take in what is around me and enjoy the journey.
 
Blessings,
Ali

Comments

Popular Posts