Hardship


“We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God.”

 – Acts 14:22b

 I know that probably seems super harsh. Let me clarify before I get into this:

Paul and Barnabas were chased out of one town, Paul was stoned, and they were ridiculed in another.

I am hoping that this verse now makes a little more sense after giving you some background.

 I read this verse and at first you think, “Yeah, hardships create stories and will make you strong.” Then you hit a hardship, and it’s like your world falls apart at the seams. I can’t tell you the amount of hardships I’ve experienced in the last couple months. Some have been easier than others, and there were those that just felt like they would cripple me.

I found I was getting frustrated that every time I would get through one another would seem to make an appearance. I couldn’t understand why this kept happening to me.

               Why did I need to face one after another after another?

Why did I get all these friends back into my life just to have it feel like they were walking out of mine once again?

If you are going through something similar, I know how it feels. And, unfortunately, I don’t have the answer, but don’t give up. Here is why:

“Once we accept the inevitability of hardship, we can redirect our focus from fear of trials to faithfulness.”
We need to remember who is in control. I think Paul and Barnabas knew this all too well. They knew that God had control of the situation. With all they had gone through and how much faith they put in God, why can’t we do the same? We need to get back to primeval passion. I think that is what we are missing. Why things seem to get so difficult for us now days. We’ve lost that primeval passion; that desire we first had when we first were called or came to Christ. That unweaving faith to know that hardships will come but they won’t take us down.

Some probably are wondering or thinking, yeah but my hardship is probably because I did something to serve it. Let me give you this:

“Be encouraged to know that difficulty is not a sign of immaturity or faithlessness.”
You have done nothing wrong. I did nothing wrong. Difficulty happens. Lessons occur. Does this make it hurt any less? Honestly, no it doesn’t. I still struggle with some things, but I am learning to just stay faithful to God. He isn’t going to let me down or leave me alone.

Even though some days it feels like I live in a bubble, where no one wants to venture in to just watch a movie or something haha.

I don’t have it all together, nor do I think I will get it all together in the coming days. But I know that I miss that passion and faith to know that they hardship won’t defeat me or you.

Blessings,
-Ali

Comments

Popular Posts